Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend Happenings

So I am going to try & post at least once a week on here.... fingers crossed I will actually stick with it more than a few weeks!! 

Friday:
 I received a tearful phone call from my mom telling me that Doug Haws had passed away! I cannot even begin to express the heartache & sadness I felt hearing that news. Doug has always held a special place in my heart. He has always been the best adopted grandpa & one of the all around sweetest men I know. When I first introduced Adam to him a few days after we got engaged Doug (oxygen on & all) gasped out this to Adam "if you ever hurt or disrespected her, you will answer to me!!" He not only loved me but he loved my sweet little girl too! I remember going over about a week before he passed away & Berkley actually let him hold her for about 2-3 minutes (all of you who know B know that this is a HUGE deal, she is terrified of old men, actually any man other than her dad for that matter) So when I heard this news I was devastated! He will be greatly missed by many!! But I am glad he is no longer in this world suffering anymore! I know he is in Heaven watching over us!! We love you Grandpa Doug!! 


Saturday:
Onto a happier note, Carolee (Spendlove) & London (LeBaron) were both blessed by their daddy's! It was a great day & these 2 little girls are going to be some of Berkleys best friends growing up!! Glad we got to spend the time with family!!

L-R Carolee (1 month) & London (3 months)
Skyler & his sweet little girl! I always looked forward to the day he would get his little girl after seeing how good he was with Berkley!! She is one lucky girl to have him for a dad!

The 4 Spendlove Grandkids! (& 4 of the Stephan Grandkids haha)

I love Berkleys spunky personality that she is totally starting to love everyone down here now that she is getting used to everyone!!
Sunday:
And in Relief Society she actually let my other mother Lisa Stratton hold her (even when she saw me sitting near by) & she let Lisa bounce her to sleep!! We are making progress ladies & gentlemen!! Progress I tell you!! :) Can't wait to hang out with the family again today!! I love being close to family!!!!


1 comment:

Shauni Janson said...

And we love you being close to us!! Love that your blogging again.