Thursday, February 9, 2012

Power of The Priesthood & Nausea

This past week i started taking a couple of new medications. One of which is suppose to help my ongoing stomach issue, (background history: for over a year i've had this problem but recently its gotten worse, no matter what i eat, healthy or not i get a horrible stomach ache directly after the food hits my stomach.. on a scale from 1-10 it usually is 9-12, lately its been a decision of eat & get extremely sick/nauseous for a few hours or don't eat & just get a little sick, i've tried about every acid reflux med in the book & have had about every test ultrasound, upper gi, etc. but nothing is showing up & i'm getting even more frustrated) Since starting this medication not even a week ago i have been extremely nauseous (well over a 10 on the scale). Tonight though, it got to the point that i couldn't stand it any longer! Doubled over in pain with tears streaming down my face I climbed out of bed around 9:30 & went into the bathroom. After sitting up against the tub for just over an hour on the verge of throwing up but not being able to, i texted Shayli who was playing futsal with some guys from our singles ward & some guys i knew from high school to ask if any one would be willing & worthy to come give me a blessing... Not even 10 minutes later did 2 sweet guys show up at my apartment to give me a blessing. 3 hours later my body finally let me go to sleep.. What a night!
I just want to say i feel like i have called on the worthy priesthood holders of the church a lot lately as i have needed extra help from the Lord to overcome these challenges & trials in my life right now that i am struggling to overcome alone. I feel so blessed to be surrounded & acquainted with those who can give me a blessing whenever i am in need.
Thank you to those worthy priesthood holders who have been willing & able to assist me in my time of need these past few weeks!! I am extremely grateful for you!! & for my sister, Shayli & cousin Keni-lynn who went to WalMart late last night to get me apple juice, sprite & saltine crackers to ease my stomach pain, i LOVE you girls!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Whit, did the Dr.s tell you that it's most likely Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBS? You just described my life since I was 14. Over time you realize what you can and can't eat. There were times that all I could eat to help feel me up and not hurt was cream of wheat. I feel for ya. If you have any questions or want to hash things out you can call me anytime. I've had all the tests and more just like you and you never get an answer or find anything that works for too long anyway. ;)